Minsk Wheel Tractor Plant Open Joint Stock Company (MWTP OJSC, MZKT) dates its history from July 23, 1954. On this day, by Order No. 15сс of the Director of Minsk Automobile Plant, for the purpose of implementation of the Decision No. 1258-563сс of the Council of Ministers of the USSR dated June 25, 1954, and Orders No. 21сс and No. 25сс of the Minister for USSR Automobile, Tractor and Agricultural Machinery Building, Special Design Bureau No. 1 (SKB-1) for heavy wheel artillery tractors and related engines with the testing facilities was founded at the Minsk Automobile Plant.